The Visionary Vocalist Forum

Full Version: Vocal mechanisms have been redefined!?!?!?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm awesome.
All praise the GOAT god.
goat lord hype
You may be awesome, Basso, but tomorrow I shall be bloody.

Going to the dentist get a root canal and two other teeth pulled.

(memories of the movie, The Marathon Man. "Is it safe?")
How is this a thread?
(04-26-2017, 11:38 PM)ronws Wrote: [ -> ]You may be awesome, Basso, but tomorrow I shall be bloody.

Going to the dentist get a root canal and two other teeth pulled.

(memories of the movie, The Marathon Man. "Is it safe?")

Sorry to hear that! let us know how it goes. I get to have a few fillings done in a few weeks. Not nearly as obnoxious as a root canal and teeth pulling but I think we will survive Smile
Got the root canal and two extractions done. Novocaine has worn off and I am waiting for the codeine to take effect.

I had some teeth that were broken near the gum line and the roots were split, so those got pulled. The tooth with the root canal was hurting like a mofo in January but I am used to pain, swallowing handfuls of ibuprofen (which makes me a wimp in my family) and going through orajel like water.

Finally, it had quit hurting but the gum swelled beneath it. I knew that was sign of an infection getting worse, not better and such infections can spread and kill. Seeing that my job is crucial and we are entering the busy season, I thought I should get it taken care of, which will also lead to more expensive dental work down the road. Today's bill was over $2k, right out of my pocket.

Thanks to presidents Bush and Obama, I cannot afford insurance, certainly not a dental plan.
That sucks Ron. Sorry to hear that. Let us know if the change to your teeth affects your voice long term :p
(04-28-2017, 10:27 PM)Bassolyricspintolighttenorino Wrote: [ -> ]That sucks Ron. Sorry to hear that. Let us know if the change to your teeth affects your voice long term :p

The only problem I ever had was that it made my 's' sounds sloppy at times.

But, I am working on a long term plan to get more fixed. I am getting old enough to realize that I am not the superman I used to be. I can put up with pain that would make most others pass out. The problem with that, as it turns out, is that pain is a sign that something is wrong. Worrying about the infection was more important to me than the pain.

My step-grandfather thought that taking any pain relief like aspirin and such was a sign of being a wimp. Friends and family who have suffered greatly in their service and never complained. People who have toughed it out through fractures and strains and pulls to earn a SEAL trident or the Ranger patch.

Though I never served, I pushed myself past physical boundaries. Working in sub-freezing conditions until I could not feel my feet and hands. Working in the Texas heat until nearly passing out. Working on a construction site in spite of having a broken toe one time, broken finger another time, broken hand another time. And all those sacrifices in the past did not give me job security in those other companies. I was literally the first person laid off when those other companies would slow down. I will be dead in the next 40 years or sooner but maybe I can make that time easier if I can take better care of myself.